Mr Ansar Mahmood unravels the confusing subject of PRP Therapy

Using platelets in medicine has been around for quite some time, in fact, platelet lysates has been in use for over 40 years. Even in the cosmetic
field, platelet therapies have been in use for dental and maxillofacial
surgical applications, as well as wound healing, for around 30 years. However, only approximately 10% of platelet lysate use is in the clinical medicine arena. The other 90% is in research and transfusion laboratories for cell studies. Scientists have discovered that it is a perfect environment to
enrich, grow, and keep cells for study alive for longer, such as when studying stem cells, compared to putting them in an artificial growth substrate.

Read the whole article from Consulting Room magazine here